The Kasbah Trail & The Sahara Desert (4 days)
What could be better than the Kasbah trail and the Sahara desert!!! This tour lets you experience wonderful scenery, magnificent Kasbahs and a camel trek into the desert over 4 days.
You will travel in a comfortable, air-conditioned vehicle with a private and experienced driver/guide during the whole road tour. Accommodation and breakfast is included throughout, and the camel trek will lead to an overnight camp in the desert. The Sahara Desert camp is equipped with western style toilet.
Marrakech to Marrakech Sample & Highlights
Day 1: Marrakech – n’Tichka Pass - Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah - Dades Valley
- We will meet you at your accommodation in Marrakech and start travelling to the Dades Valley via the Tizi n’Tichka Pass and over the High Atlas Mountains.
- Today you will enjoy travelling through the dramatic pass and the fascinating views of the Berber villages and the amazing landscape changing as the day progresses.
- You will stop in Ourazazat to visit the Kasbah Taourirt, one of the most beautiful Kasbahs on this area.
- You’ll have lunch by the Kasbah and continue to the Dades Gorge through the road of “the Thousand Kasbahs”, which offers many fine photo opportunities of nature and people.
- Your first stop will be at Skoura in the birds valley to see the standing 18th century Kasbah of Ameridhil, then we’ll get to Kalaat Mgouna - famous for roses and its annual festival during the roses harvest in May .
- On to the Dades Valley where you will enjoy seeing the amazing rock formation famous as “the monkey toes”.
Day 2: Dades Valley - Todra Gorge – Merzouga - Desert
- After breakfast in the hotel, you’ll leave the Dades valley towards Tinrghir and the Todra valley.
- Watch the panoramic views of the old mud Berber villages overlooking the valley.
- Get to the Gorge and walk under the 300m high red cliff, where many rock-climbers come to enjoy their preferred sport.
- After an optional hour hike within the valley, your journey continues to Erfoud and then to the village of Merzouga, Erg Chebbi Sand Dunes where your camel will be awaiting you.
- You will be welcomed with a glass of mint tea and a desert scarf before you mount your camel, guided by an experienced camel man, to explore within the mysterious sand-sea of the Erg-Chebbi.
- You will enjoy the beauty of the Sahara desert and the sunset over golden dunes.
- Afterwards, you will enjoy your dinner in front of the camp, where you will spend your first night under canvas - or if you prefer, under the stars.
- For your convenience, our camp is equipped with a western toilet.
Day 3: Desert - Merzouga area - Ouarzazat
- Your camel man will wake you up early in the morning to watch what well may be the best sunrise of your life. Afterwards, you will trek back to the village of Merzouga.
- Enroute you couldn’t fail to appreciate the unique beauty of the spectacular Erg Chebbi dunes - changing with the light as the day progresses.
- After breakfast in your riad, you will start an explorative journey of the area.
- You’ll visit the village of the Gnawa people, originally slaves brought from Sudan, to experience their music and lifestyle.
- After that, you leave for Rissani - once Sijilmassa - the foundation of the Alaouite Dynasty, the current ruling family. With most of the woman veiled, and men hooded, this is a very traditional Moroccan town.
- We’ll continue driving towards Agdez, via Alnif and Tazzarine, before we get to the fascinating Draa Valley at the edge of the Atlas Mountains, along which lay hundreds of Berber Kasbahs.
Day 4: Ouarzazat - Telouet Kasbah - Marrakech
- After breakfast in your riad, you will start travelling to Marrakech via the largest Kasbah in Morocco, and then over the Atlas Mountains.
- Your first stop will be at the Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah. Built by one of the last Berber chieftain El Glaoui Et-Hami in the late 19th century, it is now a UNESCO heritage site, which today still houses many Glaoui family members.
- Journeying on through the Ounilla valley to Kasbah Telouet, you will enjoy the panoramic views and the scenic moon-like landscape with the contrast of the Berber villages and the Atlas Mountains.
- Today you will also visit the Kasbah Telouet, an area that was known for the trading caravans led by T-Hami El Glaoui ancestors during the end of the 19th century.
- Your journey will continue through the majestic Tizi n'Tichka Pass (2260m) over the High Atlas Mountains, before arriving at your accommodation in Marrakech where the tour ends.
We also have options that begin in Casablanca as well, please just ask.